Estate administration and Probate applications
When someone dies their 'estate' - money, property and possessions - has to be distributed in line with their Will.
It's usually necessary for the relatives to apply for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration to allow them to do this. The process can be difficult when you are coping with the death of a loved one.
How we can help
We can take this responsibility off your shoulders by:
- Advising on inheritance tax and completing HMRC inheritance tax forms
- Contacting everyone who needs to know about the death
- Applying for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Liaising with the Probate Office and Inland Revenue
- Dealing with banks, building societies, pension companies, insurers, share registrars, etc
- Fully winding up the estate for you
Arranging a meeting
Where possible we meet clients face to face. It may reassure you to meet us in person and gives us the chance to gather all the information we need. All information is treated confidentially.
At our office: You can arrange to come to our office in West London.
At your home: If you'd feel more comfortable talking to us at your home, or your place of work, we'll be happy to visit you there.
Living overseas: If you are dealing with the estate of a UK resident and you live overseas, we can normally handle processes so you don't need to travel to the UK. We can act as administrator or executor and give you regular progress reports.
Fixed Probate fees from £850
Every estate is different. Once we've discussed the details we can give you a cost for the work you would like us to do.
For more information or to discuss our probate services phone +44 (0) 20 8567 3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.